The Office of Alcohol, Drug and Health Education (OADHE) empowers students to reach optimal academic performance, fosters social interaction through services and strategies that encourage healthy decision making, and cultivate an environment that builds and supports a healthy and diverse Mason community.
OADHE accomplishes this mission by:
- implementing campus wide prevention efforts to address campus health needs;
- creating and disseminating health information; offering opportunities for leadership development;
- maintaining collaborative relationships with the Mason and surrounding communities;
- providing individual consultations and referrals to students;
- connecting student to on and off campus resources;
- conducting regular assessments of campus health trends; and developing relevant polices that promote and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- running psychoeducational groups for students interested in reducing and/or stopping their substance use
- brochures, (also available online)
- Healthy Hook-up Kits,
- Quit Kits for smoking
- condoms (magnum condoms and latex-free condoms are available upon request).
If you are interested in any of these items or would like to know what other items we have available in our office, feel free to stop by (SUB 1, Room 3200), email, or give us a call.
Check It Out
Ever think about your drinking? And/or your use of marijuana? Wonder how they compare to other college students'? Complete a confidential, online assessment and get some feedback. You remain anonymous while the assessment generates personalized feedback about your own patterns, risk, and aspirations/goals. You'll also learn about helpful resources at George Mason University and in the community. It's free. It's informative. So, check it out!
Keep Calm and Wellness Wednesday on with the offices of Alcohol, Drug and Health Education and Sexual Assault Services. We are excited to announce our fall programming series, Wellness Wednesdays. Each Wednesday of the month from 12pm-2pm will cover a different wellness topic in a new and exciting way. See the flyer for the general weekly topics and check back for the month to month specifics!